How to Use Intranasal Sprays or Pumps
- Blow your nose gently to clear the nostrils.
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water.
- Hold your head in an upright position.
- Close one nostril with one finger.
- With the mouth closed, insert the tip of the spray or pump into the open nostril. Sniff in through the nostril while quickly and firmly squeezing the spray container or activating the pump.
- Hold your breath for a few seconds and then breathe out through your mouth.
- Repeat this procedure for the other nostril only if directed to do so.
- Rinse the spray or pump tip with hot water and replace the cap tightly on the container.
- Wash your hands.
Subcutaneous Injection Instructions
What to Have Ready:
- Vial (small bottle) of medication
- Sterile disposable syringe and needle
- Sample syringe marked with the prescribed dose
- Alcohol swab, cotton ball or tissue
- Self-injection record
- Hard plastic resealable container (Sharp’s) to dispose of used needle and syringe
Preparing for your Injection:
- Wash your hands with soap and water.
- Gather all the items you need and take them to a table. • Sit down in a chair next to the table.
- Check the medication name and expiry date on the vial. • Check the amount of medication to be taken.
Filling the Syringe Read more... about Subcutaneous injection instruction