How to Use Intranasal Sprays or Pumps
- Blow your nose gently to clear the nostrils.
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water.
- Hold your head in an upright position.
- Close one nostril with one finger.
- With the mouth closed, insert the tip of the spray or pump into the open nostril. Sniff in through the nostril while quickly and firmly squeezing the spray container or activating the pump.
- Hold your breath for a few seconds and then breathe out through your mouth.
- Repeat this procedure for the other nostril only if directed to do so.
- Rinse the spray or pump tip with hot water and replace the cap tightly on the container.
- Wash your hands.