Northshore Pharmacy is the first PCAB accredited compounding pharmacy on Kauai! As of November 2015 North Shore Pharmacy is now PCAB (Pharmacy Compounding Accredidation Board) certified for both sterile and non-sterile compounding! PCAB accredidation further demonstrates our commitment to being held to the highest of national standards and following the industry best practices. We are commited to delivering the highest quality compounded prescriptions to our patients.
The Pharmacy Compounding Accreditation Board (PCAB) is a not-for-profit corporation, formed by eight national pharmacy organizations that recognized the need for a national standards organization for compounding pharmacy. Together, these leading organizations developed the industry principles, policies, and standards for the practice of compounding pharmacy.
Examples of specific quality and safety standards setup by PCAB include:
1. PCAB Accredited compounding pharmacies can use only certain chemicals from highly reliable suppliers.
2. PCAB Accredited compounding pharmacists and their technicians must receive regular, specialized training.
3. PCAB Accredited compounding pharmacy facilities must meet design and other related standards to help ensure the area is clear and free of contamination.
4. PCAB Accredited compounding pharmacies must meet or exceed USP <795> standards for non-sterile compounding and/or USP <797> standards for sterile compounding.
5. PCAB Accredited compounding pharmacies agree to adhere to the PCAB “Principles of Compounding”
For more information on the PCAB process please visit there website http://achc.org/pcab