Subcutaneous Injection Instructions
What to Have Ready:
- Vial (small bottle) of medication
- Sterile disposable syringe and needle
- Sample syringe marked with the prescribed dose
- Alcohol swab, cotton ball or tissue
- Self-injection record
- Hard plastic resealable container (Sharp’s) to dispose of used needle and syringe
Preparing for your Injection:
- Wash your hands with soap and water.
- Gather all the items you need and take them to a table. • Sit down in a chair next to the table.
- Check the medication name and expiry date on the vial. • Check the amount of medication to be taken.
Filling the Syringe Read more... about Subcutaneous injection instruction